If you already use Dropbox to manage your files, 'Manage It' makes it easy for you to manage your Dropbox files on any device within our app. A few things you can do in 'Manage It' include:
- Attach Dropbox files to tasks.
- Attach Dropbox files to a project.
- Assign Dropbox tasks to other people in your project.
- Quickly search for and find your files.
This works on Android, iPhone, iPad, Windows Phone, BlackBerry Phone, BlackBerry PlayBook, ChromeBooks, and in your web browser!
Adding a Dropbox file to a task:
- Click on the paper clip icon within a task, then select "Dropbox" from the drop down box:
- The first time you will be prompted to enable access to your Dropbox account:
- Once enabled, you can select the file that you want to attach to the task from your Dropbox account:
Adding a Dropbox file to a project:
- Select the project from your project list. At the top of the screen choose "Files":
- Select "Add file or photo":
- Select "Dropbox":
- Select the file that you want to attach to the project.
Assigning a Dropbox task to a person within a project:
- Follow the steps to attach a Dropbox file to a task.
- Simply assign the person to the task by selecting the person icon and select the team members name from the drop down box.
- They will receive a notification that this task has been assigned to them.
How to quickly search for files within a project:
- Select the project from your project list. At the top of the screen choose "Files".
- All of your files will be displayed. Start typing any key word in the 'Find Files" field to easily locate specific files.
Dropbox and Manage It work great together!